Monday, April 12, 2010

The Monday Melee « fracas

The Monday Melee « fracas:

1. The Magnificent: Name someone you absolutely adore, and tell us why. I adore my mom because she is trying so hard to be a better grandparent than either of her parents. My oldest adores her as well and would probably spend loads of time sleeping over if he wasn't so wildly attached to my hip. :)

2. The Muddy: Tell us something about life you just don’t “get”. I don't get why people feel the need to create drama in their lives. It makes me tired just hearing about it and when it starts impacting my family it gets annoying. Just live your life people, accept what you can't have, work toward what you want and try to heal. It makes me grateful for my "boring" life.

3. The Magnetic: Name something or someone good (or bad) you’re drawn to and you just can’t help it. Tell us if you want to change this or not. I'm drawn to Richard Anderson, and it's a good thing. He's sort of my father-in-law, and is granddad to my kids. He is one of those men who is wise even beyone his 80+ years. He always gives good advice, listens very well, and tries to reserve judgement. In fact, he only seems to be truly annoyed by the same thing that I don't "get" - see above. :) He makes me laugh, and helps me with the boys when Chris isn't there. And he treats me like a lady. I swear he's the last man on earth to actually hold a door open, and he even helps me load the van when I'm alone. I used deny the help, but now I accept it graciously and thank him. Guess I'm grateful to Chris because I couldn't have chosen a better father-in-law or friend.

4. The Mainstay: Who or what is something you just can’t live without? Why? I can't live without my glasses. No really, I'd be legally blind without them, I'm sure. Everything is blury and I can't even read a book without them, to get the page close enough, it ends up being too close and I get a headache. I know I couldn't drive. I might be able to walk places, but only if I had been there before and during the daylight hours.

5. The Masquerade: Tell us something about yourself we wouldn’t already know. I am completely average. I have no shining talent in anything. I've tried lots of stuff, and I'm good - really good - at nothing. Sometimes it gets me very depressed, and I'm so jealous of my husband who is an electronics genius, but it's who I am. Completely middle of the road in all things, unless I am awful at it.

6. The Mettle: Tell us about a time you showed courage in yourself, or tell us what you wish you had the courage to do. I wish I had the courage to sell off all my posessions and become a traveler. Go to a place, work at whatever I can find, move on when I feel the need. Yup, I want to be a rambling man. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected