Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review: Little Miss Bronte Jane Eyre and Little Master Carroll Alice in Wonderland

by: Jennifer Adams and Alison Oliver

Little Miss Bronte Jane Eyre - Amazon and Barnes & Noble

Little Master Carroll Alice in Wonderland - Amazon and Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
With the perennial popularity of classic writers like Charlotte Bronte and Lewis Carroll, Baby Lit is a fashionable way to introduce your toddler to the world of classic literature. With clever, simple text by Jennifer Adams, paired with stylish design and illustrations by Sugar's Alison Oliver, Little Miss Bronte and Little Master Carroll are a must for every savvy parent's nursery library.

Prepare for the gush. Look at those covers, the entire books are like that. I love reading picture books with my boys, but you rarely find something that tickles your own personal style so much. Alice in Wonderland is a color primer, with the colorful characters and colors on every page. Though the blue catepillar is not really "blue" and the orange cat with the pink background is hard to see. But the pictures are so cute, and Ivan adores it. He even gets it, the 2 I thought would be difficult he nailed the first try.

Little Miss Bronte Jane Eyre has this baby-goth thing going on. I fell in love! I have got to give Bronte another chance. I have lumped her in with Jane Austen...perhaps that isn't fair. Jane Eyre is a counting primer. It has the number and then the item being counted. On the other side is a gorgeous picture. "1 GOVERNESS" AND "6 CHALKBOARDS" up to 10. The chalkboards have some lessons written on them. At 10 there are books numbered 1 through 10, Gulliver's Travels is the only title...I wonder if that classic was mentioned within Jane Eyre. I'd have to look up when each was written.

So, get these for your baby? They won't teach your kids to love the great classics, but they will be educational and eye catching just the same. Your little ones will enjoy them. Just ask Ivan, who is pulling me away from the computer as I type begging me to read them again, which I am now going to do!


2 comments:

  1. I like the colors. And I would love to see how she has incorporated the text. Great review as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds utterly delightful! If my kids ever give me grandchildren (hint, hint my little bundles of joy the clock is a ticking) I will certainly get these to read them. Thank you for the review sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected