Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Guest Post by Lynn Chantale

Happy Mom’s Day

by W. Lynn Chantale

I’m on jury duty this week. No booing and hissing, the journey has been okay, I’ve met some delightful people and right away you can tell the extroverts from the introverts. By the end of the day I was ready for a quiet room away from the noise. But I didn’t come here to talk you about that, fascinating as it may be. :-)

Mother’s Day is Sunday and I’ve been thinking a lot about the ol’ gal lately.  Don’t tell her I called her that, she’ll call me by my full given name. *shudders* So I was thinking about her and remember a Mother’s Day when she made me and my brothers as well as herself outfits for the holiday.

Mine was a white sundress with multi-colored balloons, hers was a strapless sundress made from the same material. My brothers had matching baby blue jumpers. We got all dressed up and went to have our picture taken professionally. Really cool.

The photographer posed us kids on Mom’s lap, and she’s sitting.

Take a moment, picture my mom in a strapless dress seated, with three kids on her lap, in front of her. Got it? See where I’m headed with this?

*chuckles*

We get the pictures back and we (my brothers and I) laugh. It looks like mom has on no clothes. Of course we ran with this and told anyone who would listen that mom wasn’t wearing any clothes.

I still chuckle when I think about that photo. To this day I wonder why anyone believed us. Something to think about the next time your little ones say something that almost sounds true.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there.

I’ll be thinking of you while I’m sitting in the jury room. :-)

When I’m not doing my civic duty you can find me:
Until next time, Indulge Your Inner Romantic

Lynn Chantale is the author of Decadent Seconds which can be purchased at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Synopsis: (from Goodreads)
As a caterer, Darling gets to witness some of life’s happiest moments, but yearns for a marriage proposal of her own. After years of waiting on her beloved to pop the question, she gives up ever having a happy ending of her own and severs the relationship. When she learns she’s pregnant, she has no choice but to face her child’s father on a daily basis as well as the love and attraction she has for him.

Darryl Manning always believed Darling would be his forever. After all he didn’t need a piece of paper to show her how much he loved her, but when she leaves him to pursue her dream of owning a catering company and raising his son, he may have to rethink his views marriage. That is if he wants a second chance at family.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected