Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Book Review: The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook

by: Lindsay Landis

Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
Food blogger Lindsay Landis has invented the perfect cookie dough. It tastes great. It’s egg free (and thus safe to eat raw). You can whip it up in minutes. And, best of all, you can use it to make dozens of delicious cookie dough creations, from cakes, custards, and pies to candies, brownies, and even granola bars. Included are recipes for indulgent breakfasts (cookie dough doughnuts!), frozen treats (cookie dough popsicles!), outrageous snacks (cookie dough wontons! cookie dough fudge! cookie dough pizza!), and more.

The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook features clear instructions and dozens of decadent full-color photographs. If you’ve ever been caught with a finger in the mixing bowl, then this is the book for you!


This is me. I probably eat about 2 cookies worth of dough before it's all said and done. And then I don't want the cookies. lol So when Quirk sent me this cookbook, I was over the moon!

So you know I got busy...well once I remembered to pick up the stuff. I didn't want just chocolate chips, I wanted something that was just for me. I bought toffee bits and mini chocolate chips (these are what Lindsay recommends for the chocolate chip cookie dough). At the beginning of the book she has the recipe for the chocolate chip cookie dough and after that she has all the cool things you can do with it.

I thought it was going to be a huge batch, but really it probably would have made about a dozen of these little balls. I used my trusty ice cream scoop that I use when I bake cookies. The boys enjoyed it as much as I did, although we all thought it was too sweet. So next time I will use less sugar.

I also want to try the edible peanut butter cookie dough. And yes, with the peanut butter dough she has a recipe for Peanut Butter cups. YUM! Now the minute I find chocolate worth melting, I will be trying these! And there are candies that I would describe as a kind of truffle...just balling up the dough and pouring chocolate over it.

On the cover there are conversion charts. She offers suggestions on equipment and ingredients. Her introduction is well written, so you get to know the author before you jump into her recipes. And her recipes are pleasing to the eye and easy to follow. On the page with the chocolate chip cookie dough she has some variations including how to go vegan and gluten-free. Oh wow - Oatmeal Raisin...wonder if CW would eat it.
Do I recommend this cookbook? Yes, it's fun for grownups like me who enjoy cookie dough. It would also easily be something you can do with your kids, the recipes are simple and relatively little cooking is involved.

1 comment:

  1. Now I am not a cookie dough fan but I love cake batter. ;-)

    Those are 2 of the cutest little loves, Angie. Hugs sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected