Monday, August 6, 2012

Book Review: Giving it Up

by: Amber Lin

Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
Allie prowls the club for a man who will use her hard and then ditch her. Hey, it's not rape if she wants it. Instead she finds Colin, who looks tough but treats her tenderly, despite her protests.

He tempts her, but kindness and a few mindblowing orgasms aren't enough to put her back together again. Allie has no hope for a real relationship. Two years ago her best friend betrayed her in the worst possible way – she’d be stupid to trust a man again. Besides, she has her daughter to think of, the only good thing to have come from that dark night.

But when her rapist returns, threatening her sanity and custody of her daughter, Allie turns to Colin. Under his protection and patient touch, Allie begins to heal and learns to hope. Colin’s no saint, though, and his criminal past draws danger of its own. Allie must fight to protect her child and the man she loves, hoping her newfound power will be enough to save them all.


Review written by Lilith


Allison (a.k.a. Allie) is a girl on a mission. She wants to forget the terrible thing that happened to her in the past. The one thing, that while terrible, it also gave her a beautiful daughter. But it also destroyed her faith in men. Enter Colin, could he be the one to change Allie’s mind? Could he be the one to help her finally heal and move on?

This book is what I would call a thriller/erotica wanna-be. As a thriller, it kept me glued to the pages of my Nook. It was slow going at first, but once it took off I couldn’t put it down! I wanted to know what happened in Allie’s past. I wanted to know what the deal was with Colin. I wanted to know why his brother was the way he was. And more than anything, I wanted to know if Allie was ever going to be happy.

As erotica, it left me wanting. The sex scenes in the book were kind of bland. They seemed lacking. I understand why some of them were the way they were, but later in the book there should have been more feeling to them. It’s kind of hard to put into words exactly what was missing, but I just felt like the scenes weren’t all the way there.

This book is still a good read. And I would recommend it to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected