Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Book Review: A Different Witch

by: Debora Geary

Available at Amazon

Synopsis:
A Note from Debora: For those of you who haven't discovered my witches yet, I invite you to start with book one, A Modern Witch. Some series can be read out of order - this isn't one of them :).

For the rest of you who have been eagerly awaiting this release... happy reading - and thank you!

..................

Witch Central welcomes everyone. Or does it?

Twenty months ago, Jamie and Lauren crashed a coven meeting in Chicago - a visit they barely remember. For Beth Landler, it was the moment that fractured her circle and awakened her need for an entirely different kind of magic.

The kind only found in Witch Central. If she can dig up the courage to go.

A Different Witch is book five of the top-rated A Modern Witch series. Light contemporary fantasy with a good dose of humor, a little romance, and characters you won't want to leave.


I agree with Debora's note, that's why I included it. You really should start with book 1, which I have also reviewed. Oh I have reviewed them all! They fall under paranormal, but not really romance. Plus they are light and fun, big problems that are still light compared to man-eating werewolves. I guess I'm saying, it's low on the violence and gore scale.

This is the 5th book in the Modern Witch series. There are a whole bunch of characters that we've been learning more about along the way, and new ones in each book that don't seem to go away quietly. The witches of Witch Central, what they call themselves in Berkley, CA...and a little bit from Nova Scotia. Having fully figured out how to transport through the Witch Central game, travel is no longer an issue.

I love how Debora can keep it fresh, in what is really the 8th book she's written about some of these people. And this was unique in that the new witch has Aspergers and was taken without warning. A cross between the fetching spell and the travel spell and Beth found herself way outside her comfort zone. Beth came through, though with less scaring than poor Nell. See, Nell is a fighter and she just doesn't know how to get through to Beth without succumbing to her own frustrations.

All in all, it was another fantastic story in a long line of them. These really are quite easy to take. Not a lot of violence or even sex, I would let my teens read them without pause.

Additional note - if you have a Nook instead of a Kindle, you can purchase the Kindle version and send your receipt to Debora. She will then get you an ePub copy for your Nook.

1 comment:

  1. I really loved this one (will review it soon, too). It might be my favorite in the series, but that's because I'm a softy about stories that spread a message without shoving it in my face ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected