Monday, February 16, 2015

Book Review: Eight Hundred Grapes

by: Laura Dave

This book kept me guessing. There was a romance aspect, but who? Georgia's story begins with her engaged to an English man. He hurt her in the beginning and you really want to hate him. But you can't, she can't. Are they getting married or not? She ran to her father's vineyard to get away from him. There she meets Jacob. He is buying her father's vineyard, much to her dismay.

So, even though there is tension there, you know she is going to end up with one of them. But who? I liked that it wasn't terribly predictable. I don't know, maybe it was knowing who she ends up with. But the ride there was interesting.

It's a story about family and faith. About taking the safe path, or putting yourself out there to chase your dreams. I really felt the passion that Georgia and her father had for the vineyard. And I also enjoyed the family dynamics. Everyone is incredibly close, but at the same time there is so much tension about things unsaid.

I felt this story had some slow spots, but overall the story did grab me. It's a little bit romance and a lot of bits women's literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected