Sunday, July 16, 2017

Book Review: Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling

Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
Awhile ago I read "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" by Mindy Kaling. I never knew her as a writer/actor on The Office - that show never drew me in. But I am a fan of The Mindy Project, which she also writes and stars in. That book was hilarious. She's a really funny person and full of personality.

This book, "Why Not Me?" is more of Mindy's musings. You get to know her a lot better. I wasn't in love with this book at first. It wasn't making me laugh as much, but at the same time I kept picking it up again.

It read like hanging out with a good friend. She's witty, charming, and as crazy as anyone I've ever met. She knows that she suffers from anxiety, she's overly competitive, she works her ass off, and she's a great friend and daughter.

My favorite part of the book was a little story she made up that was staring her if she'd stayed in Manhattan and become a Latin teacher at a rich kids school. It plays out via e-mails and some texts. Honestly, she needs to write a book (yes, I see what I did there!). But seriously, Mindy, write some fiction - that was a fine little story.

It was funny in its places, but more to the point, it was real. This was an honest look at the real Mindy Kaling. What her day looks like, and it will make you want a nap! What she worries about. What she still wants out for her life.

The best bit of advice I will be taking form this is her answer for how to be more confident. She said to...hey, go read the book! Then you will know what she said.  😏

**I was not given this book to review, I borrowed it from my library**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected