Friday, September 1, 2017

This week in Graphic Novels #4

How to Be Perfectly Unhappy
by: The Oatmeal

It's a very quick read, and I think I read it on his website already.  But I love the sentiment here.

He talks about how he isn't necessarily unhappy, he feels very fulfilled by what he does. But he argues that our definition of happy if flawed.

It spoke to me, because people don't really tell me I'm unhappy, but I feel like I fall short of some goal.

It's nice to have someone tell me it's an unattainable goal.






Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy: Disco Fever
by: Doug Savage

The 2nd Laser Moose is here and we were so excited!!!  This book is so silly that we all laugh. I love how incredibly silly it all gets.

Sometimes they are sarcastic which is really funny for adults. And sometimes it's just silly which is really funny for kids. Frank is there, and there's a vegetarian wolf!

And the real star, the evil chickadee! But can Laser Moose find the proof he needs?






The CAT Encylopedia for Kids
by: 

42 unique cat breeds! Not all of them are covered in this book. She goes into pretty in depth detail about a few, and then some quick explanations for the remaining.

I loved the photographs and I found the information interesting. She talks about the history of the breed and also how to care for it. Just like with dogs, some cat breeds are suited to certain situations.

Ugliest kitten award goes to that hairless breed. Oh man, who knew a kitten could make you squirm?

My favorite breed? Maine Coon followed by a Russian Blue. How about you?


Quiet Girl in a Noisy World: An Introvert's Story
by: Debbie Tung

I loved this book so much! The artwork is fairly simple and cute. It's never overwhelming.

And the story...it's more of a journey. She's a quiet girl in a noisy world. She shares how she feels anxious. How there's all this pressure from outside and inside to socialize more.

I've been there. People telling me to not be so quiet. Or teasing me for reading a book. My mom used to take us to parties and her friend's house. They aren't my friends. Not to be anti-social, but yes I'd rather read my book than socialize.

I love my friends, and I like to see them. But I also need that quiet time to recharge. It was a wonderful story that made me feel like I found a little piece of my tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected