Monday, February 19, 2018

Graphic Book Reviews

Badass Babe Workbook by: Julie Van Grol

I want to thank NetGalley for updating this one, now I actually get to review it!!!

Every, and I mean, every woman needs this workbook. It is full of wonderful things to think about, and sometimes they aren't happy things. All of us women have stories to share, art to create, and people to love.

I am still working my way through this. I love all the little spinets of badass babes, women who are writers, artists, activists. Women who will inspire you to make your own creations. And get the physical book if you can, it really is a workbook!

Birding is my Favorite Video Game by Rosemary Mosco

My children and I had a riot with this one! It's got a lot about environmentalism and even has some great quotes and information. But it is also incredibly funny.

I would say I was most impressed with the index that listed every single animal used in the book. It's not just about birds.

And my favorite line? "Take action for animals. Because they are really, really bad at it."

Thank you NetGalley and Rosemary Mosco!!!

The Lost Path by 

Oh my, I love ! She's a fantastic storyteller. Thank you NetGalley!

While I loved her story of Little Red Riding Wolf, this one wasn't as big of a hit. I adore how it started, with a very big fairy tale. My son didn't like that part. Then when the boys started, I thought he'd relate to them...he said it was boring. So 9 year old graphic novel reader just was not impressed. 

I think it was a really sweet story, but it might not hit just right with the american market. Beautiful artwork, as always and totally worth the time. You really do have to see where it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected