Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Swine Flu (H1N1) to be this feared???




In honor of being sick yet again...which is why I haven't written in a few days...I'm going to address the H1N1 virus or the Swine Flu.

According to the CDC they had reports of increased Influenza-Like Illnesses that surpass what is expected for this time of year, and is even greater than normal flu season. Increased hospitalization and 11 pediatric deaths, 10 of which were confirmed to be H1N1.

This is hardly enough to freak out about, but people are being urged to be vaccinated. However, the main concern with vaccination are the rumors of it being rushed to market and the increased use of Thimerasol as a preservative. The CDC has a facts page that states the vaccine is FDA approved and they have been closely monitoring the vaccine for safety. And that only multi-dose vials of the vaccine contain Thimersol to keep the vaccine safe after opening.

They also stated that the H1N1 vaccine is very similar to the regular flu vaccine and had it been out earlier, it would have been included in this year's flu vaccine. Since it was a late bloomer, it has it's own vaccine. You can get them both at the same time. The only time you would have to wait between the regular flu vaccine and the H1N1 is if you used the nose spray.

So, reading this information, I guess I will get my kids vaccinated. It's the Thimerasol that makes me nervous and we generally avoid that in their regular vaccines. Knowing I can avoid it with the H1N1 makes me feel better.




This weekend we went on a Hayride at a friend's house. It was so much fun. And I got to see 2 friends at the same time that I never see together. Turns out they grew up together. Anyway, CW loves T's boys and I like T and J (our hostess and back-up daycare person). T snapped this shot and I wanted to share since he is generally been taking the photos for my blog. (names have been changed to protect the innocent)

Oh shoot, I almost forgot to thank Mrs. B for the picture. I'm pretty sure it was a LOLZ pic, of the "I can has cheezburger" and "I has a hotdog" family.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 comment:

  1. I'm right with you on not understanding why everyone is blowing the H1N1 out of control.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected