Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sunset Coffee


This is the sunset taken from my Grandfather's street in Arizona. If such a lovely sunset is the norm, I can understand living out there. In the meantime, I don't care for the lack of water and the extreme dry heat. I like to visit the sauna....don't think I'd like to live there.

On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to more winter. Is there a place in the US where it's 72 all the time?


Today I am bringing you a perfect cup of coffee, thanks to the wonderful Alton Brown on Food Network.

Now I'm going to share with you. Of course you start with fresh beans. If you have to buy your beans in the store, make sure they have the little air valve, then you know they were packed fresh. Apparently beans give off air and will explode a bag if not for the little valve that lets the bad air out, but keeps air out too, so the beans can stay fresh longer.

Next make sure you have a thermal coffee carafe, a coffee grinder, a funnel, and a gold-mesh filter. Heat your water to 190-205 degrees. Grind your beans in a bean grinder for 15 seconds. Add 2 TBSP of ground coffee for every 6 oz. of water, put the measured grounds in the filter, place the filter in the funnel on top of the carafe. Once the water reaches temperature, generally prior to a full boil, pour into the filter and let it seep down to the carafe. When it's all done, it only takes a few more minutes than your coffee maker and it's so delicious!

So, thank you Mr. Brown for this yummy coffee that I never knew existed!



Ahhh, onto the giveaways at Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom. These runes are so lovely, I had to angle for another entry. They are hand crafted by Marie Segal at Art From My Heart! So go visit Mr.s B's page and see what she's giving away today...as with every day there is more than just the one item.


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm that coffee sounds heavenly. I don't think I'm anywhere near buying beans and grinding etc yet maybe in a few years but one day I must come over and have some with you!

    That sunset is AWESOME! I love Arizona too but only to visit.

    Have a wonderful weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) The sunset is stunning!
    B) I LOVE my morning coffee!
    C) Mrs. B ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected