Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I want...I want....I want that!

I like Nick Jr. and the Disney channel for CW to watch.  It's better than the more grown up channels and shows like Max & Ruby are sweet.  But here come the commercials and my attempts to raise a child who isn't taken in by all the "stuff" around us goes out the window.

"Mama? Mama?  Can I buy that?!" and "Daddy! Daddy! Can I get that?" during every commercial.  And I mean everything.  He wants the Strawberry Shortcake styler, Bathtub Dora, remote control cars, and so on and so on.

But when we are in the store, while he does always want to buy something, I do feel blessed that he rarely throws a fit about it when I say no.  He'll even put it back when I tell him that we just don't need it.

I guess what hurts is I want to give him everything he wants, but I must balance that with what he needs.  I want my children to grow up knowing what is important and what's not.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you. My kids learned a long time ago that they can ask for whatever they want for Christmas and Birthdays, but that doesn't mean they'll get it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected