Monday, January 25, 2010

The Monday Melee « fracas

1. The Magnificent: Name someone you absolutely adore, and tell us why. I adore my husband.  He puts up with my moodiness and generally loves me and the kids a lot.  He makes me laugh, and that’s worth a lot, too.

2. The Muddy: Tell us something about life you just don’t “get”.  I don’t get how posting a sign or a bumper sticker that says you support the troops actually means you support them.  Wouldn’t it be better to send a care package, get a pen pal or even volunteer or donate to a VA hospital?  Or is it more important to make sure people can see what you believe rather than actually doing it?

3. The Magnetic: Name something or someone good (or bad) you’re drawn to and you just can’t help it. Tell us if you want to change this or not.   The Sims 3.  Once I start I can’t stop.  I love creating a new Sim and then working on promotions and relationships.  I usually lose interest once I marry her off and have a child.  I guess it gets too complicated.

4. The Mainstay: Who or what is something you just can’t live without? Why?  Books.  I need to read to unwind.  I love escaping and being entertained.  Even when I read horror stories, I want to be there and see what happens.  It’s better than TV because it’s portable and doesn’t require power, other than a light.

5. The Masquerade: Tell us something about yourself we wouldn’t already know. I seriously considered moving to Great Britain (probably Scotland) after my divorce.  I really didn’t have much holding me here beyond my parents and my brother.

6. The Mettle: Tell us about a time you showed courage in yourself, or tell us what you wish you had the courage to do. I wish I had the courage to move far away.  I’d like to go to a foreign country or even New Mexico or Alaska in the US.  I want a change, and I wish I had the guts to do it.

This is my 1st Monday Melee and I hope to make it a regular writing session.

The Monday Melee « fracas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected