1. The Magnificent: Name someone you absolutely adore, and tell us why. I adore my husband. He puts up with my moodiness and generally loves me and the kids a lot. He makes me laugh, and that’s worth a lot, too.
2. The Muddy: Tell us something about life you just don’t “get”. I don’t get how posting a sign or a bumper sticker that says you support the troops actually means you support them. Wouldn’t it be better to send a care package, get a pen pal or even volunteer or donate to a VA hospital? Or is it more important to make sure people can see what you believe rather than actually doing it?
3. The Magnetic: Name something or someone good (or bad) you’re drawn to and you just can’t help it. Tell us if you want to change this or not. The Sims 3. Once I start I can’t stop. I love creating a new Sim and then working on promotions and relationships. I usually lose interest once I marry her off and have a child. I guess it gets too complicated.
4. The Mainstay: Who or what is something you just can’t live without? Why? Books. I need to read to unwind. I love escaping and being entertained. Even when I read horror stories, I want to be there and see what happens. It’s better than TV because it’s portable and doesn’t require power, other than a light.
5. The Masquerade: Tell us something about yourself we wouldn’t already know. I seriously considered moving to Great Britain (probably Scotland) after my divorce. I really didn’t have much holding me here beyond my parents and my brother.
6. The Mettle: Tell us about a time you showed courage in yourself, or tell us what you wish you had the courage to do. I wish I had the courage to move far away. I’d like to go to a foreign country or even New Mexico or Alaska in the US. I want a change, and I wish I had the guts to do it.
This is my 1st Monday Melee and I hope to make it a regular writing session.