Thursday, April 22, 2010

Amazon.com: Thanks for the Memories: A Novel (9780061706240): Cecelia Ahern: Books

Thanks for the Memories: A Novel by Cecelia Ahern



Sorry I haven't been around much this week. I've been living the high life outside with my kids. I don't regret that for a minute, only that I haven't had the energy to add to my blog. Happy Earth Day everyone! Perhaps this is a good day to pick up another baby step toward being greener. Post suggestions of what you are doing for us all to read. Thanks!

Ok, now onto the book review for this week. Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern, author of P.S. I Love You. If you haven't read P.S. I Love You, I recommend that book as well. In Thanks for the Memories, we meet Joyce who is recovering from a fall down the stairs that resulted in a miscarriage. Along with that, she ends her marriage, which wasn't much to begin with and moves back in with her father to deal with her grief. In that time, she learns that all of a sudden she has new skills, knowlege, tastes and memories. Where did they come from?

She meets an american man, teaching in Dublin and feels and instant connection, as does Justin. It takes a lot of work to get them together, but it is a fun ride. As usual, her characters are all colorful, even when they are part of the background. I especially love Joyce's father, who is a stubborn old man who misses his late wife dearly. He even keeps calling his daughter, "Gracie" after his wife. He makes such a scene at the security checkpoint that they nearly get arrested for being terrorists. After all the fighting he learns that he will get his shoes and belt back on the other side and he yells, "WELL WHY DIDN'T SHE TELL ME THAT!!!" and it was all over.

So go pick it up, it's a different romance that you will fall in love with.

I was not paid for this article nor asked to do the review, but if you click on the amazon link above, I will receive a commision from Amazon.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected