Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Melee--Fracas

The Monday Melee « fracas:

1. The Magnificent: Name someone you absolutely adore, and tell us why. I adore Carolyn. She and I have had our conflicts, but I've come around to loving her very much. She wants to help everyone. She is incredibly generous. And she loves to share her books with me, and will take my recommendations seriously as well. She is my husband's sort-of-adopted-mother. She has taken care of him for the last 20 years. She is one of my closest family members and I wouldn't trade my time with her for the world.

2. The Muddy: Tell us something about life you just don’t “get”. I don't get how a mother can find out her brother shot her baby-girl with a bee-bee gun and her response is "so? it was just her arm!" My brother has more sense than to ever do that, but if he did shoot either of my boys, I would have had him arrested and it would have been the LAST time he saw me and the boys.

3. The Magnetic: Name something or someone good (or bad) you’re drawn to and you just can’t help it. Tell us if you want to change this or not. JoAnn Fabric...god I love that store. It's not even that great of a selection, but it's full of possibilities. Is it good or bad? Mostly bad, as I load up on stuff I'll never do. Would I change it...guess not. It's a store that makes me feel good.

4. The Mainstay: Who or what is something you just can’t live without? Why? I cannot live without Biggby iced mocha-mocha. Ok, I'm sure I could but I really don't want to. It's so sweet. I get it skinny (non-fat milk) and no whip cream and then the super is only 6 weight watchers points. That's hardly light, but yesterday before church it was my breakfast.

5. The Masquerade: Tell us something about yourself we wouldn’t already know. I suffer from depression...of course you may already know that. Before I was pregnant with Ivan, I was taking anti-depressents, but I went off them as soon as I found out I was pregnant. The doctor was actually leary of taking me off them, but I had read the side effects of a pregnancy, so it was important to get them out of my...and Ivan's...system. We slowly got me off them and agreed to keep an eye on me, especially after Ivan was born.

6. The Mettle: Tell us about a time you showed courage in yourself, or tell us what you wish you had the courage to do. To continue with above, when I had CW I had such serious Post-Pardum depression that I was close to suicide. Instead of letting myself go that route, I got into therapy and hit a lot of the bad stuff in my own head. I give myself credit for this, because therapy is hardly a happy, feel-good time. It is confronting all the crap in your life that you try to avoid most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected