Monday, October 25, 2010

Restaurant Review - Oh My Burgers &Fries!



When Chris finally woke up on Sunday afternoon (he works late running sound at a local bar)...he said he wanted to take all of us to Oh My Burgers & Fries. Our Hot & Now closed down for renovations, then mysteriously turned into this restaurant.

I wasn't too excited until Chris told me he had a turkey burger. Hot & Now is a drive-thru only place, so obviously this is too. We got there and had to wait on Mission before getting in. There was a worker outside handing out menus. They have beef burgers, turkey burgers and veggie burgers. The turkey is served on a Whole Wheat bun with this cilantro mayo that was to die for! The fries are made from fresh potatoes, not frozen. They actually have workers cutting potatoes (I'm sure they go thru a slicer, but still!). And they are fried in 100% Canola Oil.

While we were waiting they had a large sign that had messages going thru, like where the potatoes came from that day...literally the state and field #. The turkey is from meat that has no growth hormones or antibiotics (I think). The milk shakes are made with real ice cream, the lemonaide is from fresh squeezed lemons. I had the iced tea and it tasted like Iced Tea!!! Trust me, iced tea made in a coffee maker really isn't that great.

So in parting the burgers are delicious, the fries taste like REAL fries, and the iced tea is nice. As far as I can tell the only one is in Mt. Pleasant, MI. So come for a visit. lol Ok, start hitting them up that you want one in your area too. That might work better.

The only thing that really disappointed me was no eat-in space. Although if they had that, I might eat there way more often. As it stands, I'm going to go back for the veggie burger and I want to try a milk shake. I can't nail down what flavor I want though, so it will have to wait.

What I really like is it is fast food that is fresh food. I hope they grow like crazy and give McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's all a run for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected