Friday, May 6, 2011

Review - Myka the Goddess Witch

By - Vianka Van Bokkem
Amazon Kindle - $2.99
B&N Nook - $2.99

When the father of all gods Zeus discovered his beloved daughter Athena was pregnant with Apollo’s baby, he ordered all gods and goddesses to keep it a secret because he wanted all mortals to believe Athena was an eternal virgin.

The moment I was born Zeus gave me away to a loyal mortal “witch” named Maia which means “nursing mother”. My father Apollo had to have a special magic spell done by Maia because he was the god of truth who can’t speak a lie. Zeus also asked Maia to cast a spell on my mother so she would not fight him when he gave me away.

Maia lived in Mykonos, Greece and decided to name me Myka. She was careful to cast the biggest magic spell on me. I was going to be a mortal girl until the day of my 18th birthday.


This is a Young Adult short story. It is an super fast read, I read it in less than an hour last night after we put the boys to bed. Being obsessed with Greek myths as I am, I couldn't wait to dive in.

I did really enjoy the story. It's a fascinating idea, and the characters are likeable. That being said, I think if Vianka took the time to add more details to cushion and help guide the dialogue it would grow into a fantastic book.

That being said, for $2.99 it's a pretty good short story. If you like witches or Greek myths, you should enjoy this.

I'm giving this 3 stars. I liked it, but it needs something more.


I'd like to thank Magaly from Pagan Culture for having the giveaway that put this e-book in my...well virtual hands. lol Go check out her blog, it's one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected