Thursday, January 12, 2012

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Cabin Fever

by: Jeff Kinney

Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:
Greg Heffley is in big trouble. School property has been damaged, and Greg is the prime suspect. But the crazy thing is, he’s innocent. Or at least sort of.

The authorities are closing in, but when a surprise blizzard hits, the Heffley family is trapped indoors. Greg knows that when the snow melts he’s going to have to face the music, but could any punishment be worse than being stuck inside with your family for the holidays?


I have to admit to loving these books. When Cabin Fever came out, I sent off an e-mail begging to review it. No such luck, but my library had it. Have I mentioned that I love my library?

So I was at last able to get my Wimpy Kid fix. I have to say, Greg is a jerk. Seriously self centered with delusions of grandeur. But what I like about the stories are that Greg receives the natural consequences of his behavior. He doesn't get the lesson but anyone reading the book does get it. Actually I should say he usually gets the consequence. There wasn't anything really bad that came out of him putting a wish on the Christmas Tree at church - he asked for money to be left under the recycling box. I did use that as a teachable moment with CW, though.

Age to read this: 6-adult. It's a super-fast read with just enough cartoons to keep the younger crowd interested. My son has enjoyed me reading this one and now wants me to go back and buy the rest of them. He actually came home upset that he couldn't find them in the library at his school. Good news is our local library does so we are all good. And I do enjoy them. They are light hearted and funny, and as a mom I do love it when Greg gets his just desserts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected