Friday, April 6, 2012

Guest Blog - Tydeus

Let me just start this godsforsaken post by saying I don’t write. I don’t have a creative side, and if I did, I wouldn’t take the time to foster it in the hope of being able to create some type of meaningful repartee to “wow” you with. My name is Tydeus of Calydon, and I’m a warrior, handpicked by the goddess Athena, born and bred to do battle. I hunt the dregs of the Underworld, kill escaped demons and take pleasure in it while doing so. What I don’t do is blog. Unfortunately, my creator, Lisa, enjoys tormenting me as much as Athena, and I’m being forced to take part in this so-called character blog. I have a few choice words to say about this, but I’ll spare you for now.

I was given three topics to choose from for this godsdamned post. I’ve listed them below, along with my answers. Enjoy.
  • What are your hobbies? - Killing. ‘Nuff said.
  • Why did Athena choose you to lead The Order? - Holy Hera! Is this a serious question? This shit is a waste of my godsdamned time (shakes head.) Whatever. I’m a fucking beast, a warrior, a killing machine bred to fight, to win. When I was mortal, there were none that could best me. Athena recognized my prowess on the battlefield and vowed to reward me with immortality. She followed through with her vow, but not as she’d originally planned. Temporarily maddened by my love of bloodshed, I went too far with one of my kills and angered the goddess. She kept her vow to make me immortal, but punished me as well, cursing me with an inner beast, a Nemean lion. My fur is impervious to attack, mortal weapons cannot kill me, and my teeth and claws are sharper than swords. Like I said, I’m a fucking beast. The godsdamned King Of The Jungle.
  • What do you cherish most? - There’s nothing in this realm or any other that’s more important to me than Danika. She is my light. The only pure, good thing in my existence. For reasons that will be forever unknown to me, she sees past the atrocities I’ve committed and chooses to love me anyway. I thank Zeus for her daily, and would happily give my life for hers if necessary. She is an angel, beautiful, regal, gentle and divine. She is everything, and I will kill anyone and anything that threatens her, or the love that we share.

Tydeus is a character in the new novel Cursing Athena by Lisa Sanchez. You can purchase Cursing Athena from:
Amazon / Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected