Sunday, July 13, 2014

Book Review: The Revealed

by: Jessica Hickam

This is a new YA dystopian novel. There are 2 men vying for the presidency after a war that nearly destroyed our country. The 2 men used to be friends, in the before. Lilith Atwood is the daughter of one of them. Her father seems like a good guy. He is a politician, but he also wants to make things better. For example, get education back up and running. The other candidate has a son, Kai.

That, coupled with the threat of the Revealed leaves Lilith feeling trapped and under a microscope. The Revealed kidnap children who are 18 years old. Wealthy families keep their 18 year old children locked in their high security mansions - where we find Lilith at the beginning of the story. She goes from desperation and resignation. But she can't even escape her father's security.

I usually eat this genre up. I'm really torn on this one. It didn't grab me, but at the same time I couldn't stop reading it either. I guess I'd say it was a slow start that kept building. About midway thru the book there was a twist that I didn't see coming. Before I really felt for Lilith, but after I started rooting for her AND Kai - plus then I couldn't put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected