Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Book Review: Warren the 13th and the All-Seeing Eye

by: Tania del Rio

Illustrated by: Will Staehle

This is another Quirkbook. Honestly, they are the only publisher that I automatically have interest in a book just because they published it. Then add on this cover. I know, "don't judge a book by its cover." But we all do it. This cover is eye catching. Even my oldest was willing to tolerate my reading it to him. He hates it when it's my idea.

So, does the story hold up? I think so. Warren is a decent little boy, with a strong work ethic, a fierce love and loyalty toward his hotel that has been run by Warrens since it was built by Warren the 1st. The only problem is that Warren isn't old enough to inherit it yet, so his Uncle Rupert is in charge. And he's married to Anaconda.

Turns out Aunt Anaconda is after the All-Seeing Eye, but the real mystery is what is that??? And who are all these people who suddenly show up? Warren finds himself battling with his aunt, just to protect his precious hotel. They are in a race to see who can find it first. She wants power, he simply wants her to leave him and his hotel alone.

It was a fun story, and the illustrations were terribly cute. I had a very bad Kindle version, don't judge them...that often happens on NetGalley with illustrated books. We still enjoyed it, perhaps all the more for the effort we had to put in. I wouldn't discourage you from getting the kindle copy if that's available, it's the freebie one that they don't try hard with. ;) But I would suggest you support your local bookstore and buy a copy. The artwork alone is worth it.

It's fine for kids, although my 10 year old found the pictures to be creepy. But he has a low tolerance for that at bedtime - lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected