Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Book Review: Real Friends

Real Friends
Shannon Hale and LeUyen Pham
My librarian friend suggested this after my post about Sunny Side Up. So I ran right down to my library and picked it up. The Chippewa River District Library rocks!!!

I didn't even ask Ivan to try this, I just handed it to him.  And he read it in the car on the way home. He read it at bedtime. He even took it to the bathroom and finished it around midnight. He came back and was trying to show me that it was a true story. He was so excited by this story.

He told me I should read it, too.  So when I took my friend's boy to his music lesson, I read this while I waited. This girl is about my age, say 10 or 11 in 1984.  There was so much I could relate to. Difficulty with "friends", glasses, having a hard time relating to people. 

This is a memoir, "just like El Deafo!" - Ivan, age 8.  We both wholeheartedly recommend this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected