Monday, July 31, 2017

Book Review: Short by Holly Goldberg Sloan

That's it! I am officially a huge Holly Goldberg Sloan fan. I first read Counting by 7s when Ivan borrowed it (he didn't read it!), and then a good friend bought us Appleblossom the Possum, which we all enjoyed. Now this...

Holly just has a way of telling a story from a little girl point of view. You feel like you are along for the ride. This is about Julia. She is short, only she doesn't like that word...vertically challenged? Her mom forces her to try out for the Wizard of Oz because her little brother wants to do it. She is not on board.

But during this last bit of summer, her world expands. Which is a good thing, because she is also mourning the loss of her dog, Ramon.

I laughed, I cried, and I just loved this story. It kind of made me fall a little more in love with the theater. It was fascinating watching the world of adults through the eyes of a little girl with her own host of issues.

Thank you, Holly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected