Friday, July 28, 2017

Book Review: Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green

I was stopped at the Library to drop off a movie and found this little gem waiting for me. Large Print as well. It was so awesome.

The story totally sucked me in and I downed half the book the first day. It never slowed down, and it never had anything I didn't enjoy.

It comes out from the 3 sisters perspectives and the mom. Each sister is different and I love how it starts with the mom and we keep jumping forward until the girls are grown and the mom is sick. You just see enough to keep the flow going and know how everyone is doing.

There are a few parts that I wish I had more clarification, but that's my nosiness. Nothing was lost to keep the story moving.

I just love Jane Green. Her stories always feel like a warm summer day. Just comfortable and the perfect thing for any given moment.

Don't misunderstand me, the story isn't happy in every moment. In fact, the mom is pretty selfish. The fact that she asks her daughters to help her die just solidifies that fact. I get what she was going for, but she only thought about how SHE wanted to go out, not what would be better for them. I guess you could say she was consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected