Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Book Review: All We Ever Wanted by Emily Griffin

**Thanks to NetGalley for allowing me to review this title.**

This is another one of those books that jumps between characters. We have Nina, a rich housewife who is becoming increasingly unhappy with her life. Tom, a single dad who works as a carpenter. And Lyla, she is Tom's daughter and goes to a ritzy private school on an academic scholarship.

It's just an amazing journey of discovery and truth. The fact that so much of this has to do with the line between sexual assault and harassment that is such a part of our current culture made it really speak to me.

I think so many of us women have dealt with this in one way or another, and will relate to the characters in this story. And it may be a trigger to some, so be warned. I found parts of it difficult for myself to get through. It made me feel so very sad for far too much of it. I think the incredibly unhappy marriage didn't help.

That being said, I still found it an engaging and important read. I don't regret it and it truly is a well written book. One of Emily's better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected