Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Some Books to Review - from kids to adults and something in between...

**Many thanks to NetGalley for this copy**

Ivan and I have been hooked since the first Pheobe and her Unicorn book. Here comes #8, Unicorn Theater by Dana Simpson.

This one is all summer camp and that was fun. Instead of band, this year Phoebe wanted to attend drama camp. She is looking forward to spending time with Marigold (the Unicorn is named Marigold Heavenly Nostrils for those who are unfamiliar), but Marigold has invited her sister Florence Unfortunate Nostrils.

It's a silly story, but it seriously deals with the whole jealousy issue. Don't act like you haven't ever been jealous when a friend is spending time with someone else. We've all been there. That's right, I'm saying I learned something here. Not that I didn't already know that on a human level, but it was a good refresher course. Just because your friend is hanging with someone else, doesn't take away your friendship nor diminish it's importance.

It's a great message in a fun book. Ivan and I both think so!



**Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to review this book!**

This next book is Claw the System: Poems from the Cat Uprising by Francesco Marciuliano.  Another book of cat poems. I don't know who was more tickled, me or Ivan. He adores cats, I think the poems are funny, and we both enjoy reading them together.

I'm not sure how to really review poems. I like the book, some of the poems make me laugh and the photographs are gorgeous!

If you liked "I could Pee on This" or "I Could Pee on This, Too!" you will 100% love this.



**Thank you NetGalley for letting me read this!**

This book is titled Super Chill: A Year of Living Anxiously by Adam Ellis. I'm a new fan of Mr. Ellis! This book was full of insights, and "I do that, too!" moments put out there in a hilarious way.

Sometimes it's anxiety, not wanting to do social things, and sometimes you just want the tacos more than the workout! I laughed a lot, I mean a lot! I want to read this one over again before it expires.

I have enjoyed Sarah's Scribbles, and this is in the a similar category but for guys. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :0)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected